|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||12/5/2013 10:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/14/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Database Administrator for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma State government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
The Database Administrator is responsible for database administration functions with respect to custom application development. The Database Administrator will be responsible for strategic planning, management, and support of all database applications primarily with respect to standard tasks such as security and capacity planning, performance tuning, maintenance, troubleshooting, change control activities, and database development in support; providing key database recommendations and best practice solutions to project teams as requested. Will be responsible for all activities associated with the management and operation of database platforms, including the implementation of data models and designs, creating database tables, indexes, triggers and views to support new and existing applications, monitoring database size and performance, tuning SQL queries, developing prototypes to demonstrate proposed functionality, producing support documentation, and providing production support. Additional duties will include supporting the development of ETL tool usage, reporting services, and enterprise service bus operations, as needed. Other duties will include installing SQL Server software upgrades and patches, forecasting and facilitating root cause analyses on database issues, managing security and access to databases, performing benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and creating and maintaining technical documentation relating to database management. Finally, an emphasis on insuring data security and performance of production databases will be necessary.
• Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently, when required.
• Support departmental operations in a high-throughput production environment by
proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of applications'
• Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and
• Implement and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases.
• Setup, manage, and maintain reporting services database and security.
• Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Work to establish strategic directions and plans for storing and warehousing
• Lead the design and construction of highly available and secure databases, data
warehouses, data marts, and business intelligence platforms.
• Create and maintain customized database reports
• Assist and or lead data conversion implementations.
• Assist in the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the SQL Server DBMS, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations of purchases of new hardware and software.
• Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects between
development, quality assurance, and production environments.
• Support Database Administrators and Software Applications Developers with best
practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not supervise personnel.
Position requirements include a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Information Technology or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university; or four years network administration experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess experience in Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 LAN/WAN environment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.