|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||11/15/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2014 2:31:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $44,000/Year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Application Specialist. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
In support of the Department of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry, and under general supervision, the Application Specialist is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and enhancing Microsoft Access databases that support business functions and data storage for small groups of end users. They will work closely with software developers, database administrators, and functional analysts/planners to plan the migration, consolidation, or ongoing support of Microsoft Access databases. Ancillary duties require a practical basic understanding or preliminary exposure to Microsoft SQL server and general computer skills. This position reports to the Education & Natural Resources Application Development Manager.
The principal activities include the following:
• Confer with users to determine new application requirements. Discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports and testing criteria to support development of new applications in Microsoft Access.
• Write Access database macros, Visual Basic for Applications, queries, and forms to support business needs in accordance with identified requirements.
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, regression, and integration testing; make changes and corrections as needed.
• Maintain existing applications and provide support to end users and members of the public.
• Plan and participate in conversion or consolidation of Microsoft Access databases by performing functional and technical requirements gathering and planning.
• Complete migration of data to SQL server architecture where directed.
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
Minimum requirements include an Associate’s Degree in Management Information Sciences, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited college, university, or career and technology center, and 12 months experience in a related position; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess experience with the following:
• Experience writing Microsoft Access macros, Excel functions, and Visual Basic for Applications code.
• Experience gathering functional and technical requirements and completing functional and technical planning for software and systems development.
• Proficiency with database normalization, Entity-Relationship Diagram development, and data modeling.
• Proficiency with SQL Server or ASP.Net a plus.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.