|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/8/2013 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2013 3:48:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Programmer/Developer for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Participates in requirement meetings with Business Analysts to understand analytical content needs. Assist in documenting these requirements, resolving ambiguities and conflicts, and ensuring requirements are complete.
• Analyze business data requirements to produce relevant ETL architecture deliverables (source analysis, source to target maps, ETL flows)
• Work with ETL developers and business analysts to develop source to target maps and identify transformation
• Configure and tune ETL infrastructure to support the data warehousing solution
• Develop ETL flows and framework to support ETL development
• Analyzes functional specifications and assist in designing potential technical solutions
• Works with Analyst and/or Data Modeler to develop data warehouse models, design specifications, metadata process and documentation
• Utilizes the ETL application and analyze data necessary to resolve issues uncovered and related to source data
• Creates and implements DataStage work flows in Unix and Windows environments.
• Defines, develops, documents and maintains procedural and SQL programs
• Develops ETL test plans and tests the ETL code following ETL standards and architecture.
• Assists in the development, execution and documentation of system and integration test plans.
• Performs ETL / DataStage tuning as well as SQL tuning.
• Optimizes DataStage code performance and processing methods.
• Performs design validation, reconciliation and error handling in the load process (initial, incremental).
• Updates and maintains ETL Metadata.
• Provides input into standards and best practices for code development.
• Assists and mentors end users and development teams.
• Writes technical specifications and updates release documentation to reflect technical modifications.
• Performs impact analysis for systems/database modifications.
• Assists with and promotes continuous quality improvement throughout the lifecycle.
• Demonstrates success working in a team-based environment.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with technical and architectural team members across the technology organization
• Assists in the support a production data warehouse including problem diagnosis, resolution analysis, correction, production installation and coordination
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Information Technology or a related field; or four years of ETL development using IBM DataStage 7.6 or later. Candidates must be proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, BASIC, and command line scripting in windows and Linux environments.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.