|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/30/2013 10:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time IT Network Infrastructure Manager for our Oklahoma City location supporting the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI). This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
This is a leadership role responsible for managing the PC and Server Support Staff. This role will provide leadership and supervisory oversight of the installation, deployment, and inventory control of the agency computer equipment. Additionally, the supervisor will partner with the Security office and other existing leadership to identify potential opportunities for the agency while maintaining the overall goals of security, reliability, accountability, cost savings, and transparency.
Priorities include leading and supervising an array of services and support. This position will report to the ITS Division Director and will team with other ITS staff members to develop, implement, and manage strategies for the OMES-ISD supporting the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) to meet the goal of the overall agency mission.
• Perform functions related to management and maintenance of networks
• Perform router and VLAN configuration and testing, responsible for programming and configuring firewalls on a multilayered network infrastructure
• Ability to plan, organize and direct activities of network design and implementation projects, ability to analyze and troubleshoot network issues
• Ability to evaluate network security and recommends enhancements, perform network hardware inventory
• Performs proactive network evaluation and manages routers, layer 3 switches, VPN connections, wireless, and WAN service providers as needed.
• Responsible for analyzing, developing, and managing IT security policy, standards, best practices, and procedures to ensure appropriate level of data and information security.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Lead a team of 4 to support the agency network infrastructure, server infrastructure to include installation, management, and support, desktop and laptop installation, management, and support, inventory management, and other functions of the support branch of IT.
This position will be responsible for supervising 4 employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
* Two (2) years experience working as a network admin or supporting mission critical network.
* Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, layer 3 switches, VPN Appliances, intrusion detection devices.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|