The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Information Support Specialist for our Oklahoma City location to support the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations (OSBI). This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Assist local law enforcement agencies in troubleshooting and resolving Offender Data Information System (ODIS) software issues and coordinate with programmers to resolve bugs when needed. Provide onsite ODIS field support as needed. This is to be performed on a daily basis.
• Perform ODIS Application Training and ODIS Demo to Law Enforcement Agency.
• Perform hardware troubleshooting, repair/replace hardware components as needed.
• Install or update servers and desktop systems with software including operating systems, databases, and software.
• Ordering, and/or when necessary, purchasing of specific system components to insure appropriate levels of inventory are on hand to expedite repairs, taking into consideration market demands and trends.
• Coordinate software/hardware upgrades and enhancements.
• Perform basic networking configurations and IP addressing when connecting systems to internal or external network.
• Perform other tasks as needed by the IT Division.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree or working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or
• Two (2) years working of IT technical support experience
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Two (2) years of working experience with Windows Server.
- Two (2) years of working experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Working knowledge of supporting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing hardware and software components as needed.
- Working knowledge of basic networking and IP addressing to connect systems to internal or external networks.