|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/29/2013 10:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/12/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Help Desk Technician for our Oklahoma City Data Center location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
The individual in this position will provide superior customer service the user community and internal support staff. Person must respond quickly to phone calls; log problems and either solve the case or contact the appropriate support group for resolution. This position participates in developing and maintaining the Help Desk Software package including defining and creating management and internal reports. This position also maintains the Solutions Database and is responsible for the overall integrity of the system. Good interpersonal and organizational skills are essential. An understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required.
• Answer and/or respond to inbound customer calls or email requests.
• Open and record into the Help Desk tracking software all support calls from the user community. Enter all problems related to computer hardware and software or inquiries on how to use specific software such as PeopleSoft, electronic mail and operating systems.
• Work to resolve all technical trouble tickets at the Help Desk before referring to technical support. Increase each year the percentage of cases resolved by the Help Desk.
• Assign and notify Development or Infrastructure Support groups of technical trouble tickets that cannot be resolved by members of the Help Desk.
• Suggest system and process improvements for the Help Desk.
• Other assigned duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of professional-level experience as a customer help desk technician, a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Sciences, Business, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus is a plus, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Preferential treatment may be given to those with any the following expertise:
PC workstation, Apple Devices and OS, Android, PeopleSoft CRM, accounts payable/accounts receivable experience, knowledge management experience.
This position may be filled at a lower level of Help Desk Analyst. Minimum qualifications for a Help Desk Analyst are six months of work experience in a customer Service Call Center or Help Desk Environment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.