|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/17/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/7/2013 4:50:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Systems Analyst for our Tulsa, Oklahoma location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma State Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Solicits, gathers, and documents functional and non-functional requirements from business and technical staff.
• Performs requirements management, analysis, and design for new and existing applications created and maintained by applications developers.
• Documents and validates functionality in meeting business and technical requirements and objectives.
• Participates in design and code reviews with project teams.
• Reviews systems, provides training and support for applications.
• Identifies problems, designs and documents appropriate solutions.
• Works with technical staff to identify non-functional requirements, the design of the solution, ensuring the solution is efficient, secure, reliable, and compatible and to identify any hardware or software that may be required.
• Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and technical staff.
• Interacts and collaborates with business customers and technical staff.
• Works directly with the Aging Services / Advantage Administration Unit to capture and document the AS-IS business systems functionality for the replacement of the current WMIS system.
• Coordinates activities between ISD staff in Oklahoma City and ISD staff at the AAU location.
• Occasionally travels to Oklahoma City to participate in project, team, or other ISD activities.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but may act as a technical team lead for some efforts or as ISD coordinator for all ISD employees at this location.
Requirements include a degree in computer science, management information systems, or a comparable area and at least four (4) years of experience in information technology with systems analysis and design, applications software development, or applications support documented. One year of experience may be substituted for each year of the required degree.
The Systems Analyst’s primary working environment includes: Windows Server, z/OS, .NET, COBOL, FoxPro, SQL Server, DB2, IMS, web services and he/she should have extensive knowledge and background within these areas.
Candidates possessing experience with modeling using UML will be given preference.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.