The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Computer Analyst/Programmer for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click the link to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Write, modify, test, debug, and document critical web-based application software.
• Develop new, customized, user-oriented web-based applications and reports as required to meet user needs, using PHP and DB2/SQL.
• Migrate legacy applications.
• Replace COBOL 'green-screen' apps and WebSphere J2EE apps with PHP and DB2/SQL.
• Test and debug applications over the entire application lifecycle; identify and correct errors and issues that arise in a broad range of systems.
• Prepare and improve documentation for new and existing custom computer programs.
• Ongoing maintenance and review of applications, systems and programs.
• Follow best practices and standards for designing and writing code, with strong emphasis on accessibility.
• Adhere to our unit's defined 'look and feel,' as well as provide (ADA) accessible page layout and design in all applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Completion of twelve semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work at an accredited college or university; or completion of a minimum of 156 hours of vocational or technical education courses resulting in certification in applications development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in applications development for the required education.