The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Business Analyst for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $45,348.96 based on education and experience.
Position Purpose: In support of the Education and Natural Resources Business Segments and under general supervision; the Business Analyst will be responsible for administering and overseeing creation and execution of projects and implementing information technology efficiencies within a wide range of applications. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the agency Information Systems. The Business Analyst will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently, when required.
Develop and maintain project plans and schedules and all associated process, procedure, standards and guidelines documentation for functional and optimization activities.
Develops Proposals, Estimates for projects. Including project staffing, software requirements, training requirements, hardware requirements, etc.
Leads and directs a team of technical and non-technical staff in the development of training plans, testing plans, functional requirement documents, security plans, detail design documents and implementation plans.
Performs the monitoring, controlling and reporting of all project activities, statuses and risks to senior level management on a weekly basis and executive level on a monthly basis.
Develops project task plans, tracks resource hours and contract expenditures, monitors the project task plans, elevates appropriately 'red flag' issues, develops contingency plans, maintains change management documentation.
Confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
Effectively manage, and where necessary coach, direct reports, project team resources and external vendor resources.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other key stakeholders exercise tact, courtesy and initiative
Creation of project review materials
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
* Master degree in management information system, computer science, and/or business management.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
* Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.
*Experience with planning and implementing large scale projects.
* A detail-oriented self-starter with superb follow-up skills.
*Able to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications.
* Must be able to show initiative and flexibility in a dynamic environment.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.