|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/28/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/11/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Analytical Data Architect for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Position Purpose: In support of the Education and Natural Resources Business Segment and under general supervision; the Analytical Data Architect is responsible for applying principles, theories, and concepts to analyze and model data in order to promote enterprise-wide sharing and management of data assets, as well as implementing data policy and technical solutions for the management, movement and transformation of data. Ancillary duties require a practical basic understanding of requirement analysis, design, development, implementation, program management and production support of large enterprise data warehouse, business intelligence solutions, real time data movement, and data marts.
• Work with data modeling and repository toolsets in support of the development of data models and related work products
• Implement data policy and technical solutions for the management, movement, and transformation of data
• Recommend data architecture tools and technologies
• Create and maintains the Metadata Repository
• Create a semantically rich business model of the enterprise problem domain
• Ensures the preservation of strategic data assets as applications and technologies come and go
• Develop and maintain data models, data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data element naming standards and metadata standards
• Prepare data mapping sheets, gap analysis, business rules doc, and data dictionary
• Create and validate data cleansing, governance, standardization, validation and transformation rules
• Identify data migration requirements and provide indicators as to the level of transformation, and cleansing that will be required to present data in a format that meets the requirements and constraints of the target application
• Produce information models that represent the business problem to be solved with regard to data content, data relationships and structure
• Provide guidance and consultation to individuals and groups to ensure on-going projects are in alignment with the state-wide data architecture
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) or more year’s related experience and training
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following: