A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
In support of the Education and Natural Resources business segment, the Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division, is seeking a temporary part time IT business analyst. This is a temporary unclassified position in state government without benefits.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the agency Information Systems. The Business Analyst will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. The IT Business Analyst will be the functional expert on the specified application(s) and will be the sole point of contact between the business unit and Information System Application Development Specialist.
The principal activities include the following:
• Provide functional support for the agency information systems.
• Interact with the stakeholders to define and install the appropriate Information System.
• Receive, resolve and distribute multiple communications to the user community.
• Assist with developing training manuals, documentation, schedules and distribute to the user groups.
• Direct development and distribution of functional process improvement and changes to assist users in system utilization and functionality.
• Knowledgeable in quality practices
• Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.
• Create functional specifications for agency Information Systems.
• Test programming changes to verify adherence to the functional specifications
• Works closely with IT personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes
• Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of information systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
• Coordinates the development of all approved versions of the functional specifications for specified applications.
• Reviews use cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
Requirements include current enrollment in a college or university and actively pursuing a Bachelor Degree or Graduate Degree in management information system and or information technology, and or an equivalent combination of education and experience or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
Experience gathering, analysis and specification development.
Experience in designs and documenting workflow.
Excellent documentation skills.
Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of business analyst.
Solid aptitude and effective project management skills.
Experience in documenting complex processes.
Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.