|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/3/2013 9:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/6/2013 11:08:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking (6) temporary Server Support Specialists to assist with a statewide rollout of servers and providing IT services to the Oklahoma State Department of Human Services. These are unclassified positions within Oklahoma state government.
These temporary positions will start in mid-June and work through late December. Travel across the state will be required in order to prepare for and install new servers. The pay range will be between $20 - $25 per hour depending on knowledge, skills and abilities. Average number of hours per month will vary, but will likely be between 100 and 160 hours per month. Day Teams will work from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday most weeks and Night Teams will work 5:00 p.m. to midnight Monday through Wednesday most weeks.
• Configure and maintain servers.
• Disconnect current server and peripherals and connect new server and peripherals
• Assist with uninstalling Server 2003/installing and configuring Server 2008
o DC Promo
o Backup Exec
o Demoting from DC to member server
o Transferring data from server to server using either Backup Exec or script
• Follow documentation and procedures regarding installation
• Troubleshooting of server hardware and software to assist in maintaining the integrity of these systems.
• Assist End Users with any technical issues following server upgrade
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include two years of network administration experience in Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 LAN/WAN environment. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Active Directory, 2008 Operating System, Backup Exec 2010, Insight manager, DHCP. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl is required.