A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Systems Analyst for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Position Purpose: In support of the State Department of Environmental Quality and under general supervision, the Systems Analyst is responsible for the design, development, administration and maintenance of various telecommunications and information technology networks and operating systems. Travel in state may be necessary on an as needed basis.
The principal activities include the following:
• Plans, designs and coordinates various telecommunications, computer networks or operating systems to provide radio, telephone or computer operating systems to support agency operations;
• Performs professional and technical work in providing data processing and other communications services; establishes and maintains computer services and radio communications, networks and systems; performs preventive maintenance; evaluates systems performance, responds to malfunctions and operating problems and identifies and resolves causes.
• Confers with users to identify communications or computer support requirements; coordinates with vendors, contractors, in-house technical staff or others to plan, design and implement new applications, modifications or improvements as needed; provides training and assistance to users in the operation and application of available systems;
• Installs, tests and modifies telephone, radio microwave, cable facilities, paging, personal computers, software, operating systems, and other communication and automation devices and components; coordinates and performs systems tests; adjusts, calibrates and modifies equipment or components to conform to specifications, implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance;
• Develops telecommunications or information technology strategies, recommendations and plans for the procurement of new technologies or equipment; conducts cost studies;
• Directs the storage and inventory of replacement and spare parts, software and equipment; establishes and writes equipment specifications; coordinates with vendors or contractors for the purchase of supplies, equipment or personnel services in accordance with the state purchasing laws;
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
• Three (3) years of experience in telecommunications or computer installation, maintenance, repair or operations;
• Eighteen (18) semester hours of college in Computer Science or Management Information Systems course work plus one year paid professional experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Networks, including knowledge of IP subnetting, static routing, packet analysis (via products such as WireShark), VLANs, Extreme XOS, Juniper JUNOS, Juniper ScreenOS, Dell PowerConnect (Cisco-like), Juniper Secure Access, Aruba Wireless and network security
• Video Teleconferencing Technologies, specifically H.323 and Microsoft Lync
• Microsoft Windows environments, including ActiveDirectory, Exchange 2010, Server 2000-2012
• VMware vSphere and related components
• Storage technologies, including iSCSI, EqualLogic SANS, MD3200 SANs, fibre channel, and HP EVA
• Backup systems including Commvault Simpana and Tivoli Storage Manager
• Working knowledge of ITIL and PMBOK and willingness to work within these frameworks
• Experience with SharePoint
• IIS Web-Server configuration
• Experience with SQL Servers
• Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL
• Experience in Python/Perl/VB/PowerShell scripting