A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Manager, Agency Specific Application Services for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This leadership role is responsible for the performance, creation, and deployment of new and existing applications that support the Education & Natural Resources business segments of the OMES Information Services Division. The Manager, Agency Specific Application Services provides leadership and management oversight of the Software Development Lifecycle, change and release management processes, quality assurance processes, and development of agency-specific applications, while informing strategic choices and championing the capabilities of the platform and its applications both internally and externally. Additionally, the Manager, Agency Specific Application Services must partner with existing leadership to identify potential shared applications and opportunities for cross-agency services, while maintaining the overarching goals of reliability, accountability, cost savings, and transparency.
Priorities include leading and managing a comprehensive array of programs and services. This position will partner with direct reports as well as other business segment team leads to develop, implement and manage the strategies of the needs of the individual agencies within the business segment. These priorities will be supported by standards, guidelines, templates, forms and tools for measuring and maintenance of methodologies which promote the success of projects approved through governance as measured by identified metrics.
• Manage to a multi-year opportunity map prioritized and sequenced to optimize implementation and delivery and based on agency requirements and business use cases.
• Lead cross-functional project teams, including software development, product management, and QA to design and deliver high-quality solutions through multiple releases.
• Define tools and processes to insure successful development, change, release, and QA management.
• Build and lead a team of programmers, quality assurance experts and release managers.
• Work with project management to develop and execute against actionable project plans, while balancing client needs and requirements.
• Identify strategic opportunities for overlap and cross-functionality with IT applications for disparate and unique organizations with an emphasis on cost savings, transparency, and accountability.
• Creatively and proactively identify solutions for agency needs.
• Develop necessary collateral such as white papers to inform the processes and frameworks for all stages of development.
• Ultimately responsible for Continuous Integration, Build and Deploy, business segment-wide source code repository, and promote to production tools and processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the information technology discipline and two years relevant experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Experience in object oriented programming.
- Exposure to Microsoft .Net Framework a plus, but not required.
- Experience leading analytic applications or tools design and development.
- Experience in release management and software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.