The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Enterprise Service Quality Specialist for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Conducts analysis of agency information technology requirements.
• Reviews business and system requirements and confers with users concerning testing requirements for applications systems, computer networks, data base management systems, operating systems and management information systems; participates in the development of information technology overall tests plans, implementation plans, updates standard methodologies and participates in test case development for business and system requirements.
• Serves as service quality project participant on information technology projects and initiatives in implementing new technologies or integrating systems across agency or technology lines; identifies and defines deviations from test plan requirements and provides for modifications or changes to meeting user needs.
• Participates in development of information technology strategies related to quality initiatives, change management, process improvement training, configuration management and other requirements as needed.
• Assists other agencies in developing information technology test strategy and planning
• Assists other agencies with process improvements.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements consist of four years of professional experience in information technology and business analysis, installation and/or maintenance of information technology systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; substituting twelve semester hours of course work in computer science or management information systems for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
Preference will be given to candidates with one year of knowledge of and experience with continuous process improvement with a training background; change management processes; Lean/Six Sigma; ITIL; and troubleshooting, analyzing, or resolving performance issues with quality assurance/control practices.