The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time IS Planning Specialist – SQL/Oracle DBA for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
The Database Administrator is responsible for database administration functions with respect to custom and third-party software application development. The Database Administrator will be responsible for management, and support of all database activities primarily with respect to standard tasks such as capacity planning, performance tuning, maintenance, troubleshooting, request for change, backup and recovery, disaster recovery testing, and 24x7 on call rotation. Other duties will include installing SQL Server/Oracle software upgrades and patches, facilitating root cause analyses on database issues.
• Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently, when required.
• Implement and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production and test databases.
• Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Understanding of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the SQL Server and Oracle DBMS.
• Support Applications Developers with best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Position requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university. Five year of related experience and training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.