|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||3/13/2013 9:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/28/2013 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Manager for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services/Information Services Division at the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Manages all aspects of Web and Mobile Application development, including oversight of the design and development of the new web and mobile applications.
• Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of internet applications, or web portal, to deliver advanced on-line services; implementation of intranet sites, internal .Net applications, and document management tools.
• Manages a cadre of web application development staff on Microsoft technologies, evaluates staff performance, prioritizes resource allocations, and coordinates across functional boundaries.
• Mentors lower level staff, directs problem solving, oral/written presentations, status reporting, facilitates meetings.
• Works closely with appropriate technical teams regarding the technical architecture and design for new web and mobile applications.
• Provides scoping and estimation on new web application development activities, including cost and effort estimates
• Works closely with Business Partners, IT staff and Project Management Office for new web and mobile application development projects.
• Interacts and works directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
• Works closely with Business and Service Quality teams and Business partners to ensure the delivery of appropriate artifacts and deliverables that meet quality standards.
• Follows and supports agency’s change management and incident management processes.
• Emphasis on broad management issues including planning, organizing, directing and integrating information systems.
• Reviews and evaluates technical literature and other information concerning changes in technology.
• Participates in long-range planning to evaluate costs, availability, alternatives and other factors.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
Position requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university. A minimum of five years of experience within the IT industry with primary focus on managing all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) plus at least two years of direct supervisory experience is also required. Experience in managing Internet/Intranet .NET design/development and web services is strongly preferred.