A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Manager for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services/Information Services Division at the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Provides leadership of all aspects of Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Reporting activities including oversight of the design and development of the new data warehouse and data marts, management of current/future reporting requirements, and oversight of the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes.
• Manages the Data Warehouse and Reporting Systems. Directs daily functions and activities directly related to the development and maintenance of reporting and data warehousing solutions that can cross many different platforms and environments.
• Manages a cadre of application development staff, evaluates staff performance, prioritizes resource allocations, and coordinates across functional boundaries.
• Mentors lower level staff, directs problem solving, oral/written presentations, status reporting, facilitates meetings.
• Establishes relationships with Business Partners to quickly understand current and future reporting needs.
• Works closely with appropriate technical teams regarding the technical architecture and design for the new data warehouse and data marts, and reporting systems.
• Provides scoping and estimation on Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse activities including cost and effort estimates
• Works closely with Business Partners, IT staff and Project Management Office for Reporting and data warehouse related projects
• Interacts and works directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
• Works closely with Business and Service Quality teams and Business partners to ensure the delivery of appropriate artifacts and deliverables that meet quality standards
• Follows and supports agency’s change management and incident management processes.
• Emphasis on broad management issues including planning, organizing, directing and integrating information systems. Reviews and evaluates technical literature and other information concerning changes in technology.
• Participates in long-range planning to evaluate costs, availability, alternatives and other factors.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
Position requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university. A minimum of five years of experience within the IT industry plus at least two years of direct supervisory experience with primary focus on managing all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) related to data warehouse and reporting systems is also required.