|Date Opened||3/12/2013 8:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Basic Purpose: Serves as After School (STARBASE 2.0) Mentoring Program Manager for STARBASE Oklahoma, an Oklahoma National Guard Youth Program. Will provide daily management of After School Mentoring STARBASE 2.0 STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) program; Will assist with all data collection and reporting requirements for STARBASE programs. Will support development, organization and documentation of financial budgets, expenditures and reporting for STARBASE programs.
• Leads the STARBASE 2.0 Program Steering Committee.
• Coordinates development and implementation of STARBASE 2.0 curricula.
• Monitors STARBASE 2.0 programs.
• Compiles and provides completed STARBASE 2.0 reporting including evaluations from scholars, mentors, coordinators, and parents; finances; and monthly conference call notes.
• Maintains regular communication and monitoring with STARBASE 2.0 stakeholders.
• Provides training for STARBASE 2.0 mentors and mentor assistants as required.
• Coordinates summer STEM programming.
• Serves on STARBASE Core Instructional Team.
• Assists in updating STARBASE instructional materials including student and teacher materials.
• Assists in the development of budgets for the program, maintains budget updates, and complies with NGB-AY and OKSRM reporting and audits.
• Coordinates STARBASE grant funding.
• Provides quality control functions for data collection and reporting systems.
• Responsible for coordinating all documents in compliance with budget requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong organizational skills with high level of tolerance for multi-level processes; Ability to work as a team leader and member; Strong curriculum development skills; Analytical ability for weighing implications, identifying potential problems, and proposing effective solutions. Familiarity with general accounting techniques and the basic principles and policies of budget management. Ability to apply state and federal budget principles related to planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating, reporting, allocating resources, developing and utilizing program funds. Demonstrated skill in data collection and reporting. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to maintain and develop working relationships within the Oklahoma National Guard, National Guard Bureau and other state agencies.
Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in educational field required with two (2) years teaching experience, two (2) years curriculum development experience and two (2) years experience working with financial and grant budget and reporting management.
Licenses/Certificates required: Teacher’s or Administrator’s certification required
• Applicant must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds
• Applicant must be able to climb stairs
Special Requirements: Must handle confidential personnel and financial information; must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office; must follow policies, procedures and standards.
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
POC for this position:
Oklahoma Military Department