The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is seeking a full-time Payroll Administrator Specialist for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Position Purpose: The individual in this position will provide functional support for the Payroll, Time and Labor and Benefits Modules of the PeopleSoft System. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in quality practices; documentation standards; testing techniques and tools; process improvement methodology; project management methodology; metrics and measurements and business continuity as related to payroll management, processing and maintenance. An individual knowledgeable in government organization, payroll and human resource policies and procedures, state statutes, PeopleSoft Modules, structures and background in developing standards and processing requirements is preferred. This position will provide functional support to agencies and maintenance, testing and installation of software upgrades, patches and fixes.
• Provide functional support to agencies for the Payroll, Time and Labor and Benefits Modules.
• Respond to assigned help desk case within thirty (30) minutes of receiving.
• Work in tandem with the Human Resource team to coordinate the entire Human Resource Management System.
• Interact with all the state agencies to define and install the payroll policies and procedures.
• Develop and make presentations tailored to the varied audiences on processing requirements and adherence to state statutory requirements.
• Receive, resolve and distribute multiple communications to the user community utilizing the change management listserv and website mediums.
• Assist with developing training manuals, documentation, schedules and distribute to the user groups.
• Direct development and distribution of functional process improvement and changes to assist users in system utilization and functionality.
• Other assigned duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree and three years experience in human resources, payroll and/or information technology
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Preference will be given to knowledge and utilization of the PeopleSoft (or other ERP system) Human Resources and Payroll modules to include Time and Labor and Benefits.