The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time IS Planning Specialist for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Solicits, gathers, and documents functional and non-functional requirements from business and technical staff.
• Performs requirements management, analysis, and design for new and existing applications created and maintained by applications developers.
• Documents and validates functionality in meeting business and technical requirements and objectives.
• Participates in design and code reviews with project teams.
• Reviews systems, provides training, and support for applications.
• Identifies problems, designs and documents appropriate solutions.
• Works with technical staff to identify non-functional requirements, the design of the solution, ensuring the solution is efficient, secure, reliable, and compatible and to identify any hardware or software that may be required.
• Communicates verbally and in written communications and documents to business customers and technical staff.
• Interacts and collaborates with business customers and technical staff.
• Works with Data Warehouse, Oracle, DB2, IMS, SQL Server, PL/SQL, DataStage, WebFOCUS, FOCUS, COBOL, .NET, zOS, zLinux.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities. This position may act as a technical team lead.
Requirements include a degree in computer science, management information systems, or a comparable area and at least four years of experience in information technology with systems analysis and design, applications software development, or applications support documented, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Preference will be given to candidates possessing knowledge or experience with ETL tools, web services, XML, SOAP, multi-tier application development or iterative software development methodologies.