The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Computer Analyst/Programmer for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $45,000 based on education and experience.
Position Purpose: In support of the Department of Agriculture, and under general supervision, the Computer Analyst/Programmer is responsible for planning, analyzing, developing, and maintaining .Net (Visual Basic and C#) Windows Forms and ASP.Net applications, as well as software integration, deployment, and support. Ancillary duties require a practical basic understanding of .Net software deployment, integration, and configuration, web server administration, and general computer skills.
• Confer with users to determine new application requirements. Discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports and testing criteria to support development of new applications.
• Write object oriented program code to support business needs in accordance with identified requirements, security standards, and coding best practices.
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, regression, and integration testing; make changes and corrections as needed.
• Maintain existing applications and provide support to end users and members of the public.
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in computer programming
• An equivalent combination of education and experience derived from substituting one additional year of experience for six hours of required education.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Solid Object Oriented programming skills with C# and Visual Basic.
- Experience in developing reporting tools in .NET utilizing SSRS or other reporting technologies.
- Designing application database schemas.
- Demonstrated experience writing robust DML and DDL in both Microsoft SQL and Oracle.
- Experience migrating data and business logic from Microsoft Access to a sustainable (.Net) architecture
- Experience developing high-level and detailed design specifications
- Ability to perform requirements gathering, analysis, specification, and quality assurance.
- Experience developing against Oracle database back-ends a plus, but not required.