A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Mainframe Systems Manager for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The Mainframe Systems Manager will administer and oversee creation and execution of mainframe projects and support implementing information technology efficiencies within the mainframe environments. This position requires an individual knowledgeable with the implementation, maintenance and support of IBM Mainframe and DASD equipment. The primary focus of this position is on ensuring the continual improvement of the IT Infrastructure posture of the State of Oklahoma. Position directs the Mainframe Services Unit comprised of Software Integration, Data Base, Storage, Mainframe Support, & Security. Provides direction & oversight for delivery of effective & efficient customer solutions & services of a highly technical scope, mission-critical 24X7X365 support to the mainframe infrastructure that support the production applications.
• Design, implement and maintain an organizational structure appropriate for the implementation and support of the State Mainframe environment that meets commitments and is cost effective.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the Mainframe environment through direct consultation and coordination with state staff and contracted consultants.
• Meet support service level targets for incidents, availability and service requests that relate to the shared application services.
• Provide leadership on establishing policies, procedures and schedules relating to all aspects of the Mainframe environment installation and implementation for the State.
• Provide leadership for team by organizing and leading the group required to identify and analyze the state processes to define the requirements to assure the validity for reporting and processing of the State’s mainframe transactions.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the IT personnel supporting the agencies mainframe environment.
• Assess IT support architectures, acquisition, license management, security, policies and advise the appropriate Information Services Division personnel on IT mainframe strategic planning issues.
• Provide effective communications throughout the agency.
• Develops Proposals and Cost Benefits Analysis documents for projects, including project staffing requirements
• Develops mainframe hardware and software requirements.
• Effectively manage, and where necessary coach, direct reports, project team resources and external vendor resources.
• Support the OMES infrastructure architecture and coordinate related activities with other State Agencies and Entities.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other key stakeholders exercise tact, courtesy and initiative
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree and five years experience in mainframe systems management, and/or information technology,
• An equivalent combination of education and experience in planning, designing and implementing mainframe infrastructure hardware and software components.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
Master degree in management information system, computer science, and/or business management.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.
Experience with planning and implementing mainframe projects.
A detail-oriented self-starter with superb follow-up skills.
Able to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications.