|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||1/31/2013 9:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/1/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled. We are seeking a full time, unclassified Research & Development Manager to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety located in Oklahoma City. We offer a comprehensive Benefits Packet., and a competitive annual salary up to $46,268 based on education and experience.
The Research & Development Manager will direct, manage, and participate in the day-to-day management of a team of software developers. This position will manage all the operational aspects of the software development teams to ensure business and product objectives are met. This position will provide administrative, technical, and people leadership for multiple, diverse, and sometimes geographically distributed teams. This position will be responsible for providing feedback to the team and individuals on their performance.
• Manage the software development team for our DPS offering
• Oversee multiple platforms, day to day requests, long term projects, and strategy
• Work closely with project/program management as well as managers of related applications
• Improve QA and deployment practices
• Act as an expert on the platform in various capacities, strategy meetings, and product development opportunities
• Manages one or more software development teams on projects of moderate to large size and complexity
• Ensures projects are completed on time and according to agency quality standards
• Facilitates communication upward and across project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information
• Serves as focal point for other departments on project status or other project information
• Organizes project through development of a Project Plan - Ensures projects are completed according to agency specifications and are properly documented
• Product architecture and implementation is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance
Eight (8) years of professional experience in information technology system design, installation and/or maintenance of a large-scale information technology system; Two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting twelve semester hours of course work in computer science or management information systems for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of four years. No substitution for the supervisory experience.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.