A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled. We are seeking a full time, unclassified PC Applications Programmer to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety located in Oklahoma City. We offer a comprehensive Benefits Packet., and a competitive annual salary up to $38,982 based on education and experience.
The PC Applications Programmer will provide an entry-level opportunity to work with other programmers to develop complex web applications, and learn from experienced programmers. Candidate should possess a desire to work with others in an open, collaborative environment. Candidate should have a genuine interest in learning and applying new and emerging technologies.
• Analyzes specifications and user requirements to perform applications development work.
• Assists with system components’ designs to meet requirements.
• Participates in design reviews to improve quality.
• Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents low to moderately complex programs to develop application software.
• Develops unit test plans to deliver quality components.
• Assists in software implementations to contribute to the software build process.
• Communicates and documents unit test results and code revisions to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Creates technical documentation in compliance with DPS Software Development Lifecycle to ensure proper and consistent application development.
• Assists with software builds to meet application needs.
• Conducts tests to diagnose and record failures and report results.
• Executes procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
• Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
Two (2) years of professional experience in information system design, installation and/or maintenance of information technology software systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting twelve semester hours of course work in computer science or management information systems for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.