A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking full-time Systems Support Specialists, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
Duties will vary based on the area of specialty. Desired specialties include MS-Exchange, Server Infrastructure, Desktop Platform, and/or Web Infrastructure.
• Monitors systems applications assigned to track operating efficiency; designs and insures security of applications and operating systems.
• Supports the diverse operating systems and wide area network platforms (hardware/software) development and maintenance needs.
• Writes programs or modules in appropriate language to interface or modify manufacturer-supplied operating systems and third-party systems software or provide operating programs to support new or specialized applications. Maintain and implement.
• Installs or evaluates new or enhanced software applications and/or hardware and assists in the maintenance and planning of network control programs; makes recommendations concerning use and compatibility of new software, hardware or other computer technology.
• Analyzes operating systems; defines problems and develops problem solutions.
• Creates screen layouts and reports, coordinates user acceptance, performs stress, regression and integration testing, and conducts walkthroughs.
• Assists Manager as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements consist of the completion of twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and two years of experience in computer programming or maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting completion of a vocational or technical training course resulting in certification in computer programming for 12 semester hours only of the required course work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in information systems operations for 12 semester hours only of the required course work.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in Microsoft Exchange, IBM, LINUX, and Microsoft operating systems and related software. Experience and education administering IBM zSeries servers, OS390, ORACLE, DB2, SQL, IMS/COBOL environments is also preferred. Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving performance issues with servers and software is preferred.