The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Workstation Support Specialist for our Enid location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This is a career-level position. The purpose of this position is to perform work at the full performance level to configure, install and maintain workstation hardware, operating systems, and software. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in workstation hardware; desktop applications; security; networking technology standards; workstation operating systems, and networking topologies. Individual will ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user trust, satisfaction and confidence. An in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and operating systems is required.
• Configure, install, and maintain workstations and laptops in a networked environment.
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems.
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update workstation applications.
• Work with members of the group to analyze workstation, operating system, and application performance. Assist in developing and applying changes to achieve optimum performance. Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability.
• Identify technologies for inclusion in the workstation environment.
• Provide end user support. Resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment.
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software.
• Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories.
• Other assigned duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not supervise personnel.
Twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PC Support experience is preferred, but not required.