|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||1/18/2013 9:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2013 4:24:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Technical Writer for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Researches, prepares and/or edits technical newsletters, periodicals, status reports, newspaper and magazine articles; conducts research projects and makes reports.
• Prepares technical documentation and user documentation for in-house applications.
• Prepares and edits material for the Network Security and Operations Manual.
• Schedules and conducts Office Automation training; assists Information Services staff in preparing and presenting application training.
• Consults with agency officials to secure and clarify information for publication; participates in staff meetings on matters relating to the development and presentation of educational and informational material.
• Plans, researches, writes and edits special and periodic Agency and Information Services Division reports; explains and interprets services available and functions of Information Services Division.
• Supervises the preparation and use of educational and informational projects; operates projection equipment in connection with assignments.
• Prepares and presents technical documentation and software user manuals for new or changed applications.
• Acts as the liaison between the Office of Public Information and Information Services Division.
• Researches, prepares and maintains the Business Continuity Plan by reading, attending workshops, and gathering information from other members of IS.
• Acts as Emergency Coordinator for Information Services. Attends all meetings, produces instructions and maps.
• Serves as backup support answering the ISTS Help Desk phone and ticket entries and assignments.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
A bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university in Journalism, English, Speech, or Communications and two (2) years of professional experience in Journalism, English, Speech, or Communications.
Preference may be given to candidates with technical manual writing, training and instructional experience; proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010; as well as knowledge and experience in web content development.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.