The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled. We are seeking a full time, unclassified IS Application Specialist III for the Information Services Division for the OK Corporation Commission in Oklahoma City. We offer a comprehensive Benefits Packet, and a competitive annual salary of up to $51,000 depending on education and experience.
The IS Application Specialist III will be responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development of appropriate programs or systems. Additionally, works with users, management and others to identify and define long and short-range information services requirements.
• Reviews and analyzes organization's business needs, confers with users to evaluate requirements, discuss
solutions and develop plan of approach;
• Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, station criteria and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems;
• Performs all aspects of systems design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new
processes and implementation of new applications;
• Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications;
• Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes
and corrections as needed;
• Participates in structured walk-through and other activities to review systems and provide training and support;
• Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; identifies problems and
develops appropriate solutions.
Twenty-four (24) hours of computer science or management information systems coursework at an accredited college or university; or a comparable vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer programming; or a bachelor's degree and two (2) years experience in computer programming; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one (1) year of experience in systems operations or data production control functions for twelve (12) hours only of the required education; plus three (3) years experience in SQL Server including database triggers and stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services, Visual Studio including Visual Source Safe, WCF-XML-AJAX-SOAIIS-ASP.net, Web Forms- Object Oriented Principals- Common Project Methodologies, Unit Testing- Data Modeling- Web Accessibility for 508 Compliance, and Technical Writing Skills for appropriate documentation
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.