|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||1/4/2013 8:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform PeopleSoft application systems analysis and programming. This includes formulating and defining system scope and objectives; preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written or modified to meet the users’ business needs. Duties include designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining application programs; completing multiple phases on projects while working under deadlines; and consulting with management on complex application projects, software, work methods or procedures.
• Interpret and assess user business needs.
• Translate functional requirements into technical designs that satisfy the functional requirements.
• Clearly define and document detailed technical specifications and tasks to address requirements for additions and modifications to PeopleSoft applications while adhering to shop standards and conventions.
• Apply various PeopleSoft development tools and techniques appropriately to satisfy the requirements in a standard and easily maintainable way.
• Meet the requirements of what is to be accomplished by following technical specifications in order to develop or modify business systems.
• Understand PeopleSoft functional processes and how modifications affect them.
• Assess laws, rules and regulations that affect the business needs of the organization and how they are impacted by business system.
• Develops procedural flows showing interrelationships between manual and automated methods.
• Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
• Performs structured walkthroughs and quality assurance checks on programming projects.
• Performs programming tasks including block diagramming, coding, testing, debugging, and implementing information systems.
• Develops system, user and operations documentation.
• Tracks assignment progress against the established work plan and prepares status reports as defined by management.
• Successfully trains users in the use of information systems.
• Provides production support to ensure continuity of business processes. This includes meeting established service levels while responding to and restoring service from incidents and addressing routine service requests.
• Assists in the development of policies and procedures relating to application development.
• Travel in and out of state on an as-needed basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
• Ability to work effectively with customers, agency staff and other state agency staffs.
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills in both verbal and written communications.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member as required.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and to apply concepts to practical situations.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: SQL, Oracle database, PeopleSoft Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, Crystal reports, desk top applications. Other related database and programming skills such as these will be considered: DB2, JAVA, C, C#, C++, COBOL, Visual Studio .NET, specialized analytical software, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not supervise personnel.
Requirements include completion of a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field or four years of experience in applications programming and analysis; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.