The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Director of Shared Applications and Regulatory Business Segment for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Design, implement and maintain an organizational structure appropriate for the implementation and support of shared business applications that meets commitments and is cost effective.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily operation of the shared business applications through direct consultation and coordination with state staff and contracted consultants.
• Oversee the creation of project plans, and resource utilization estimates. Deliver projects on time and budget.
• Meet support service level targets for incidents, and service requests that relate to the shared application services.
• Provide leadership on establishing policies, procedures and schedules relating to all aspects of the shared business applications installation and implementation for the State.
• Provide leadership for the project team by organizing and leading the multiple groups and committees required to identify and analyze the state processes to define the requirements to assure the validity for reporting and processing of the State’s business transactions.
• Develop and make presentations to groups of state employees on any materials relating to the state’s business processes or utilization of the new software.
• Represent the agency before employee groups, other state agencies and national organizations; and serve on committees as required.
• Provide change management and training for business management and end users
• Identify and remediate reoccurring application problems
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily operation of the IT personnel supporting the agencies in the Regulatory business segment.
• Facilitate effective communication and synergistic relationships both within the Regulatory business segment and within the Information Services Division.
• Attract, retain and develop a highly skilled and talented staff to enable effective IT support services for agencies within the Regulatory business segment.
• Provide leadership and guidance in the establishment of technology systems and development of priorities for agencies within the Regulatory business segment.
• Assess IT support architectures, acquisition, license management, security, policies and advise the appropriate Information Services Division personnel on IT strategic planning issues.
• Provide leadership in identifying and advancing emerging technologies for the selection, acquisition, development, installation, maintenance and support of the Regulatory business segment..
• Develop and maintain within the Regulatory business segment a customer focus and orientation. Ensure that all IT initiatives have clear business goals and success metrics.
• Develop the annual budget for the Regulatory business segment and recommend policies and practices to reduce expenditures to the appropriate Information Services Division personnel.
• Facilitate the consolidation of IT services for agencies within the Regulatory business segment.
• Provide effective communications throughout the agency.
Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or business and at least ten years professional-level experience in business, information technology, project management, systems analysis and development.
An equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in business, computer science, information technology, systems analysis or closely related field for each required year of education.