This leadership position provides senior project management of a variety of projects including software development, information technology infrastructure, business process improvements and others. This individual must be able to effectively motivate and articulate project goals and objectives to all stakeholders while maintaining a high degree of professionalism. The ability to effectively engage in conflict resolution is key.
• Conducts analysis of agency information technology requirements.
• Reviews agency plans and confers with users concerning requirements for applications systems, computer networks, data base management systems, operating systems and management information systems; participates in the development of an information technology plan of approach and prepares standard methodologies for development of required systems.
• Serves as project leader on various information technology projects and initiatives in implementing new technologies or integrating systems across agency or technology lines; identifies and defines deviations from plan requirements and provides for modifications or changes to meeting user needs.
• Develops information technology strategies related to personnel staffing, training and other requirements. Consults with senior management and users regarding adoption of a technological architecture/framework and plans.
• Makes recommendations for the development of interagency standards and direction for systems design and development, procurement of required information technology equipment, systems security, contingency planning, hardware, software and other requirements.
• Assists other agencies in developing information technology plans and budgets, conducting cost/benefit analysis and the preparation of procurement requests.
• Serves on boards, commissions and interagency design and development teams.
• Mentors lower level staff.
• Directs problem solving.
• Provides verbal and written presentations.
• Facilitates meetings.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of information technology theories and systems related to the assigned area.
• Knowledge of systems analysis methodologies.
• Knowledge of data modeling methodologies and tools.
• Knowledge of the functional area supported.
• Knowledge of agency business requirements.
• Ability to analyze agency requirements related to the assigned field of information technology.
• Ability to analyze complex issues related to defining agency business requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Requirements consist of nine years of professional experience in information technology system design, installation and/or maintenance of a large-scale information technology system; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting twelve semester hours of course work in computer science or management information systems for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of four years.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience/education in Project Management Body of Knowledge methodology; PMI Project Manager Professional Certification, ITIL, Six Sigma, or business analysis certifications.