A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Employees Group Insurance Division is seeking a full time Project/Quality Assurance Manager for our Oklahoma City location. This is an Unclassified, position within Oklahoma State Government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality assurance and quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years of information technology experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
Preference may be given to applicants with the following: Experience in the health insurance industry
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.