|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||11/2/2012 9:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/26/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application. Principal Responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced PeopleSoft HCM Senior Programmer Analyst. This is a full time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical PeopleSoft leadership on complex projects with expertise in a business or functional area. This includes formulating and defining system scope and objectives, and devising or modifying procedures in order to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity, limitations, operating time and desired results to meet the users’ business needs. The incumbent will prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written or modified; design, code, test, debug, document and maintain application programs; complete multiple phases on projects while working under deadlines; and consult with management on complex application projects, software, work methods or procedures.
• Conducts preliminary assessments of user business needs, clearly defining and documenting detailed objectives of what is to be accomplished by developing and implementing new technology or information systems or modifying existing application systems. This includes assessing laws, rules and regulations that affect the business needs of the organization.
• Develops procedural flows showing interrelationships between manual and automated methods.
• Leads and conducts feasibility and cost analysis studies.
• Prepares system specifications to meet user requirements including recommended alternative solutions for achieving project objectives.
• Defines project tasks, determines deadlines, and develops project plans for achieving project objectives.
• Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
• Performs structured walkthroughs and quality assurance checks on programming projects.
• Performs programming tasks including block diagramming, coding, testing, debugging, and implementing information systems.
• Develops system, user and operations documentation.
• Tracks project progress against the established work plan and prepares status reports as defined by management.
• Successfully trains users in the use of information systems.
• Assists in the development of policies and procedures relating to application development.
• Travel in and out of state on an as-needed basis.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
• Ability to work effectively with customers, agency staff and other state agency staffs.
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills in both verbal and written communications.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and to apply concepts to practical situations.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: SQL, Oracle database, PeopleSoft Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, Crystal reports, desk top applications. Other related database and programming skills such as these will be considered: DB2, JAVA, C, C#, C++, COBOL, Visual Studio .NET, specialized analytical software, etc.
Requirements include completion of a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field; or twenty-four hours of computer science or management information systems course work at an accredited college or university or a comparable vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer programming, plus four years of experience in applications programming and analysis; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with PeopleSoft (Oracle) development and support, especially HCM modules including HR, base benefits, time and labor and payroll; financials modules including purchasing, AP, GL, billing, AR, projects, grants, contracts, asset management, inventory; CRM module including help desk; and ELM module including learning management.
• Experience with other similar ERP applications, SQL, Oracle database, and Crystal Reports.
• At least eight years experience in systems analysis and application programming, system testing and implementation of complex systems, and preparing program and system documentation.
• Experience and ability to provide guidance and training to less experienced programming staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.