A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES), Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Workstation Support Specialist. This position will be located at the OMES Data Center in Oklahoma City. This is a full time, unclassified position in State government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
This is a career level position. The purpose of this position is to perform work at the full performance level to configure, install and maintain workstation hardware, operating systems, and software. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in workstation hardware; desktop applications; security; networking technology standards; workstation operating systems, and networking topologies. Individual will ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user trust, satisfaction and confidence. An in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and operating systems is required.
The principal activities include the following:
· Configure, install, and maintain workstations and laptops in a networked environment.
· Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems.
· Install, configure, apply patches, and update workstation applications.
· Work with members of the group to analyze workstation, operating system, and application performance. Assist in developing and applying changes to achieve optimum performance. Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability.
· Identify technologies for inclusion in the workstation environment.
· Provide end user support. Resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment.
· Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software.
· Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories.
· Other assigned duties.
This position does not supervise personnel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Twenty-four semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and three years of experience in computer programming or maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting completion of a vocational or technical training course resulting in certification in computer programming for 12 semester hours only of the required course work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in information systems operations for 12 semester hours only of the required course work.
NOTE: No substitution will be permitted for at least 12 semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work and two years of computer programming or experience maintaining, configuring and installing operating systems.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
Four years experience in workstation operating systems and application