DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
Submit résumés by 5:00 p.m., Monday, September 24, 2012 by email to email@example.com
Under direction of the Public Information Manager, research and write speeches and presentations for the Insurance Commissioner and research, write and edit materials for the media and public
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare speeches for the Insurance Commissioner on various topics
• Organize, develop and prepare public presentations for the Commissioner and senior staff
• Assist the Assistant Commissioner for Public Affairs by researching and preparing news releases; prepare copy for newsletters, columns, articles, brochures, web pages, and other communication actions of OID
• Interact with division directors in facilitating and gathering OID information and work efforts for internal and external publications and presentations
• Develop and maintain relationships with professional and community organizations and other groups to educate and inform regarding OID
• Assist the Assistant Commissioner for Public Affairs in developing story logs and editorial calendars, conducting research and interviews, writing articles, and procuring art or photos
• Work with Communications team to develop consumer education campaigns to include planning and organizing special events
• Prepare and distribute consumer information for presentations; represent OID at meetings and events as needed
• Conduct and coordinate comprehensive research projects
• Perform other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Advanced knowledge of English usage (including grammar and composition), public relations principles and strategies, accepted styles for materials released to media (including Associated Press format), and media sources and their capabilities
• Ability to write and edit; research, gather and organize pertinent data; analyze situations and make decisions; uphold and practice public relations principles and codes of ethics; deliver informational presentations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and communicate effectively
• Intermediate skill level with personal computer using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and graphic design software
• Ability to maintain a high energy level
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, political science, or a related field plus three years of professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department cannot have an immediate relative who is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any insurer, agency or insurance transaction (except as a policyholder or claimant). The selected applicant must be willing to travel, must not have a felony conviction, and must pass a background check.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Personnel Management benefits page at http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html. EEO/AA