A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
Web Accessibility Compliance Specialist
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Opening Date: September 17, 2012
Closing Date: October 01, 2012
OMES Job Posting: 2012126
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced Web Accessibility Compliance Specialist. This is a full time, unclassified position in State government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
The individual in this position will assist agency staff in ensuring electronic content (web pages, documents, video and audio files) meets the State of Oklahoma IT Accessibility Standards through the use of manual remediation techniques and the use of software to troubleshoot and correct accessibility issues. In addition to bringing content into compliance, the individual will also assist agency business units in creating templates that result in compliant electronic content, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Work cooperatively with key OMES content stakeholders, customers and vendors
• Ensure adherence to State of Oklahoma IT Accessibility Standards for OMES electronic content
• Develop a working knowledge of the products offered through Oklahoma Interactive, including the Content Management System, GovDelivery and Data.OK.gov;
• Ensure compliance with applicable legal and accessibility requirements and OMES policies, guidelines and standards;
• Provide excellent customer service to all levels of users and encourage timeliness and accuracy of web accessibility information and resolution of IT accessibility problems; and
• Other assigned duties.
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
High School diploma; and some college-level courses in English, journalism, communications, technical writing or a related field; or certification in web development, web design or related field, or 2 years professional level experience in a web-related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 1 year of experience in web development and website management or closely-related field for each required year of education.
Preference will be given to the following:
• Familiarity with remediation tools, such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Captivate, NetCentric CommonLook, DocSoft, and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with content creation applications, including FrontPage; web content management systems (such as Drupal, GoGov!, SharePoint), Adobe Acrobat Professional and the Microsoft Office Suite
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.