The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES), Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Mainframe Systems Programmer to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. This is a full-time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
This position requires experience in the installation, customization and maintenance of IMS database and data communications software. The successful candidate will also have a good knowledge of performance tuning and problem diagnosis and resolution within the framework of an IMS subsystem. Knowledge of IMS log management and utilities is required. Experience with ADFII is a plus.
• Install, customize and troubleshoot the IMS database product. Maintain all software and data structures required by IMS DB/DC.
• Configure IMS regions to support high performance, high availability applications. Diagnose and resolve any problems with IMS software.
• Develop the knowledge and skills to serve as backup technical support for software maintained by other team members.
• Provide technical support and assistance to OMES and Tax Commission personnel in assigned areas of responsibility.
• Generate and maintain documentation for performing common updates, adjustments, configuration changes and diagnostics.
• Perform occasional off-hours systems maintenance work.
• Respond to off-hours calls for emergency problem resolution.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of the IBM z/OS operating system environment.
• Basic knowledge of using a PC and PC software such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Working knowledge of Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS), Job Entry Subsystem (JES2), Time Sharing Option (TSO) and Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM).
• Ability to apply logic and symptom evaluation to analyze and resolve problems.
Requirements include a minimum of one year of experience in the installation, customization, and maintenance of IMS database/data communication software.