SENIOR TREATMENT COUNSELOR
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||3/22/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/5/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$52,956.00 - $81,182.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling and evaluating performance.
- Develops and implements various treatment and educational plans.
- Interviews, evaluates and counsels children, adolescents and family members.
- Identifies, reviews and acts on management, administrative, and operational problems.
- Coordinates with other departments/agencies to ensure efficient services are provided.
- Identifies and procures resources needed by treatment counselors to perform their duties.
- Prepares and maintains documentation on clients including complete psychosocial histories.
- Provides case management services including case management of at risk children and children with disabilities.
- Monitors client status to ensure quality care and aftercare.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of management and supervisory practices.
- Considerable knowledge of counseling methods and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations concerning treatment and educational programs.
- Considerable knowledge of human behavior, child development, social problems, family dynamics and community resources.
- Considerable knowledge of child management and parenting techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of professional ethics related to the counseling profession.
- Skill in the application of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree with a major in a Social or Behavioral Science; and
Four years of professional level experience in child care service, guidance and rehabilitative counseling or clinical social work.
Master's degree; in a Social or Behavioral Science; and
Three years of professional level experience in child care service, guidance and rehabilitative counseling or clinical social work.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.