ALCOHOL BREATH ANALYSIS TECHNICIAN TRAINEE
|Date Opened||7/11/2014 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,056.00 - $46,030.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
CIVIL SERVICE EXAM CRITERIA
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Note: To be acquired during the training period.
- Working knowledge of state and county laws, ordinances and regulations governing alcohol breath analysis.
- Working knowledge of court procedures and actions.
- Working knowledge of safety measures in the use of alcohol breath analysis equipment and supplies.
- Skill in the use of and care of alcohol breath analysis equipment and supplies.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving hostile individuals.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to organize information into a logical presentation format.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in a subtropical climate under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: Incumbents function in a trainee capacity to gain proficiency in the duties listed below and become eligible for promotion to Alcohol Breath Analysis Technician.
- Collects, tests and analyzes breath samples from persons suspected of driving while intoxicated.
- Operates video camera and recorder to film sobriety tests of persons suspected of driving while intoxicated.
- Provides urinalysis test kits to law enforcement personnel, advises on procedures to follow for test kit use and provides a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Toxicologist form for specimen recording.
- Testifies in court to facilitate the understanding of basic alcohol physiological effects and the methodology, procedures and results obtained from alcohol chemical testing.
- Records, tabulates and files sobriety videotapes and chemical tests for intoxication to maintain chain of custody.
- Enters Driving Under the Influence (DUI) citation information and Breath Analysis Test Results into the Citation Tracking System (CITS).
- Demonstrates and explains chemical test and equipment to law enforcement personnel, the general public and persons suspected of DUI.
- Types correspondence, memoranda, labels and reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Examination may be administered at the time of application, depending on qualifications. Test information is available at the Reception Branch, Hillsborough County Civil Service Office. This information must be obtained in person and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain it, if desired.