Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||10/26/2012 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/9/2012 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$24,710.00 - $37,315.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Receives, stores, inventories and issues materials and supplies.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and equipment on hand.
- Records issuance of materials and supplies.
- Answers telephone and performs general clerical duties.
- Prepares work orders for equipment repairs.
- Maintains records and prepares related reports.
- Performs minor maintenance or repair of storeroom material.
- May have in-charge responsibility for the operation of a medium sized stockroom or supply area.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of County purchasing procedures.
- Ability to conduct inventories and keep related records.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform miscellaneous clerical tasks including the preparation of reports and maintenance of records.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
One year of work experience receiving and issuing equipment or supplies; and
A passing score on a written test; and
A passing score on a data entry test at 75 keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Examination may be administered at the time of application, depending on qualifications. Test information is available at the Reception Branch, Hillsborough County Civil Service Office. This information must be obtained in person and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain it, if desired.