Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||1/25/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/8/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$23,462.00 - $35,360.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Answers telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner, routes incoming calls to appropriate persons or offices or takes messages.
- Places and records long distance calls.
- Greets visitors, determines the purpose of their visit, directs them to desired location or notifies appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments for visitors with department or agency personnel.
- Responds to inquiries such as those concerning office contacts and locations by providing current information.
- Maintains manual or computerized organizational listings, personnel directories and other reference guides.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks such as typing, sorting documents, filing and operating office equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of general office policies, practices and procedures.
- Some knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the unit or department to which assigned.
- Ability to operate telephone switchboard equipment.
- Ability to locate offices or individuals promptly through directories or other information sources.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability and willingness to answer the telephone efficiently, clearly and courteously.
- Ability to tactfully deal with the public, including irate callers/visitors.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical or chronological systems.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to operate a computer to enter and retrieve information.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
A passing score on a written test.
Completion of the ninth grade; and
One year of clerical experience which involved public contact; and
A passing score on a written test.
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Examination may be administered at the time of application, depending on qualifications. Test information is available at the Reception Branch, Hillsborough County Civil Service Office. This information must be obtained in person and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain it, if desired.