RECREATION LEADER I (PART-TIME)
|Date Opened||2/15/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/15/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$10.64 - $16.89/hour|
|Department||PARKS, REC & CONSERVATION|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
This is a part-time position.
Performs recreational program duties at a community center, park or playground.
- Conducts recreational programs to include individual and team activities, indoor and outdoor games and special programs.
- Teaches fair play, sportsmanship and maintains and enforces discipline and all established policies and procedures.
- Coaches and officiates team sports.
- Checks for safety and preventive maintenance of grounds and facilities.
- Prepares and maintains recreational programs records and reports.
- Administers CPR and First Aid as needed.
- Issues recreational equipment and supplies.
- Submits equipment requisitions.
- May be required to work nonstandard duty hours.
- Assists in the implementation of recreational programs and coordination of social events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of recreational programs, individual and team sports including rules strategy and equipment use.
- Some knowledge of sports safety requirements.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate and maintain recreational facilities and equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in a subtropical climate and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date. Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification; and Possession of a valid Driver License.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Possession of a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY MAY REQUIRE
Successful completion of a Level 2 Security Background Investigation in accordance with
Successful completion of 40 hours of Introductory Child Care Training at employee’s expense to begin within 90 days of hire date and successfully completed within 15 months from hire date. The required training consists of:
Part I - 6 hours Child Growth and Development; 6 hours Behavioral Observation & Screening; 8 hours Health, Safety & Nutrition; 4 hours Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect; and 6 hours Child Care Facility Rules and Regulations.
Part II- Certificate of completion of an approved 10 Hour Developmentally Appropriate Practices for school aged children.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.