SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT/SUPPORT PROGRAMMER ANALYST
|Date Opened||7/13/2012 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$52,208.00 - $78,291.00 annually|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including law enforcement, detention, fire, street construction and maintenance, courts, library, parks and recreation, planning and zoning, property appraisal, tax collection, water, sewer, and solid waste collection services. In addition, we also employ professionals, paraprofessionals, and clerical staff in a wide range of service support functions, including management, finance, information technology, human resources, facilities, communications, etc.
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Discusses requirements and data needs with users; advises on the feasibility of converting to automated systems and assists in formulating objectives.
- Develops all levels of system diagrams, program flow charts, and program specifications.
- Translates program specifications, using Visual Basic.NET or appropriate computer languages utilized by the Aviation Authority, into programs of coded instructions used by computers.
- Oversees the creation, storage, and maintenance of SQL Server database tables and documentation.
- Tests programs, analyzes output, and modifies as necessary to meet objectives.
- Reviews existing programs to make refinements, reduce operating time, and improve techniques.
- Develops, writes and maintains complete program documentation to include user instructions.
- Analyzes program problems and modifies as required.
- Modifies off-the-shelf software packages as needed to meet users' needs.
- Oversees the creation, storage, and maintenance of data libraries and documentation.
- Assists in evaluating ongoing systems and new technological changes; provides advice to management.
- Receives, analyzes, and implements upgrades to software and modifies as appropriate to insure user needs are met.
- Troubleshoots software problems and takes corrective action.
- Receives calls from clients reporting hardware or software failures or problems, and provides guidance for their quick resolution.
- Updates webite content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images.
- Troubleshoots and resolves web related software application errors and bugs to facilitate communication and dissemination of information to employees and the public.
- Adheres to basic IT security principles.
- Provides technical assistance to computer staff and users.
- Instructs computer staff and users in the operation and maintenance of programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
An Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field of study; and
Two years Visual Basic.NET and SQL Server database programming.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
Four years Visual Basic.NET and SQL Server database programming.
Agency prefers: Experience with ASP.NET
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement (DD-214) to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
A N E Q U A L O P P O R T U N I T Y E M P L O Y E R