CISCO NETWORK ENGINEER
|Date Opened||7/5/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/6/2013 12:50:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,780 - $88,192 annually|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Provides primary hardware and OS support for the Aviation Authority’s Cisco infrastructure including but not limited to routers, firewalls, switches, wireless AP’s and wireless controllers.
Provides network support for customers according to current service level agreements.
Manages projects related to new Cisco server and network equipment installs and upgrades.
Provides telephony services for customers in order to ensure constant availability of phone and voice mail services.
Complies and enforces IT security policies including PCI compliance.
Troubleshoots network outages quickly to ensure desired uptimes.
Performs Cisco IOS upgrades and standard patching using Cisco Prime LMS.
Monitors network devices using various tools such as Cisco Prime LMS, SolarWinds, and Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
Documents all network changes and additions using Visio or similar product.
Coordinates with Telecomm section on all moves, adds, and changes as they relate to the VoIP system.
Communicates with various departments and customers on scheduled maintenance downtimes using change management procedures.
Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of network equipment, device configurations and troubleshooting techniques
- Extensive knowledge of VOIP hardware and software
- Considerable knowledge of various hardware and software tools used to monitor network performance
- Considerable knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Considerable knowledge of number patterns and call routing (automated attendants, hunt groups and messaging)
- Working knowledge of best business offerings that can be presented to customers in order to expand telecommunication services
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems and identify effective solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions
- Ability to prepare and administer training to end users
- Ability to work effectively with others
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Associates degree or higher with a major in Information Systems or Technology field; and
Five years hands on experience in a Cisco environment designing, implementing and supporting Cisco switches, routers and firewalls at a systems engineering level in a complex and diverse environment (i.e., corporate data center); and
Possession of a current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or higher.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies noted above.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.