SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
|Date Opened||4/5/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$58,780.80 - $88,192.00 annually|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including law enforcement, detention, fire, street construction and maintenance, courts, library, parks and recreation, planning and zoning, property appraisal, tax collection, water, sewer, and solid waste collection services. In addition, we also employ professionals, paraprofessionals, and clerical staff in a wide range of service support functions, including management, finance, information technology, human resources, facilities, communications, etc.
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Prepares project plans and schedules to include coordinating requirements, tasks, work assignments, and resources to ensure project integrity for customer support.
- Prepares the desktop vision on how the company will utilize future technology features.
- Oversees the formulation of project objectives and system development requirements as it relates to the current desktop and what the desktop will be in the future.
- Manages technical needs of staff engaged in the performance of the Help Desk and desktop support.
- Creates desktop images and installs or updates security patches, and carries out PCI compliancy for the desktop.
- Participates in project development, and monitors activities performed by other technical project staff to include insuring that all product and documentation meet departmental standards.
- Analyzes methods of obtaining and presenting information together with reviewing and evaluating alternative sources of information as it relates to the use of the desktop.
- Prepares specifications for information systems and performance standards for all desktop purchase and performance levels.
- Analyzes the impact of information as it relates to structure, and user relationships with desktop equipment.
- Develops plans for testing and implementing systems and monitors those processes to ensure desired results are achieved on any desktop requirements and initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities, limitations, and functional applications of information technology methods and specifically desktop equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of information technology systems design and programming.
- Considerable knowledge of systems analysis, development, planning, and documentation methods and standards.
- Considerable knowledge of cross-functional project management methods and techniques.
- Ability to synthesize project information and establish the appropriate scope of a project.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and make logical decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Management, Public Administration, Accounting, or Engineering; and
Five years of experience managing desktops for a medium or larger organization.
Associate degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Management, Public Administration, Accounting, or Engineering; and
Five years of experience managing Information Systems projects including two years in a supervisory capacity.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and
Six years of experience managing Information Systems projects including three years in a supervisory capacity.
Hiring Authority prefers candidates to have MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator or MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement (DD-214) to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.