|Date Opened||4/19/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/9/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$67,059 - $82,040 annually|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Functions as a primary contact for the Aviation Authority with local and national news media and industry publications.
- Responds to media requests in a timely manner.
- Proactively seeks placement of stories about Tampa International Airport in national, local and industry publications.
- Writes and edits stories for distribution in airport newsletters and community publications.
- Manages media relations internship program, coordinating with local universities and providing supervision and a meaningful experience for interns.
- Researches, writes and edits internal and external communications for the CEO and other executive staff.
- Monitors news coverage of the Aviation Authority and aviation industry, identifying trends and opportunities for promoting airport initiatives.
- Candidates must possess outstanding writing skills and the ability to communicate technical information in a clear manner.
- Performs other related duties as requires.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, English, or other closely related field; and
Five years of experience in journalism, media relations or public relations.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.