MANAGER OF RESEARCH AND EVALUATIONS
|Date Opened||4/12/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$82,347 Ė $123,531 annually|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including law enforcement, detention, fire, street construction and maintenance, courts, library, parks and recreation, planning and zoning, property appraisal, tax collection, water, sewer, and solid waste collection services. In addition, we also employ professionals, paraprofessionals, and clerical staff in a wide range of service support functions, including management, finance, information technology, human resources, facilities, communications, etc.
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Manages the development of market research in support of the Airport Strategic Business Plan; monitors, collects and analyzes market intelligence data; evaluates the dynamics of markets and competitors to devise effective marketing strategies.
- Performs sophisticated statistical analysis of primary and secondary data sources to synthesize data into comprehensive situational awareness, and an actionable plan
- Develops sophisticated business analysis of financial modeling and results to calculate return on investment.
- Manages work assignments and ensures the accuracy and adequacy of technical work.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes research data and develops logical conclusions
- Develops, manages and delivers world-class multi-media presentations and written reports of research results, findings, and recommendations.
- Assesses, recommends, and develops efficient and effective research designs and methodologies to achieve the clientís objective.
- Maintains and organizes all research data files and reports.
- Participates in the quantity and quality control of research contractors to ensure that services received are of high quality and good value.
- Monitors research contractors to ensure that project schedules are met.
- Supports Marketing staff with research needs.
- Handles all secondary research requests from various business units within the Aviation Authority.
- Stays current on all news relevant to TPA Airport Marketing.
- Develops research methodology and supervises the collection and analysis of complex market research data; ensures the soundness of principles used in developing new marketing strategies to address current and emerging competitive environment.
- Provides direct analytical/marketing support to individual business units within the Airport.
- Assists in preparing budget requests and administering approved budget.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates personnel.
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations and examines all possibilities before making final decision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and accepted standards of market research methodology, statistical analysis and measurement methods.
- Considerable knowledge of programming witihin at least one major statistical package (such as SPSS or SAS).
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of project management and managing complex projects involving a variety of stakeholders under time-restricted conditions.
- Excellent analytical writing and research skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to conduct applied research studies and synthesize data.
- Ability to prepare and present detailed information to management and clients.
- Ability to identify external databases as well as develop, maintain and utilize internal databases.
- Ability to delegate authority, plan, coordinate and supervise the work of professional and technical staff and manage multiple resources and projects to achieve successful results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member with colleagues and external partners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to direct specialized work.
- Ability to use substantial reasoning and problem-solving techniques.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Ph.D degree in Statistics, Economics, Market Research or a closely related field and;
Three years of experience developing market research in support of strategic business plans; and monitoring, collecting and analyzing market intelligence data.
Masterís degree in Statistics, Economics, Market Research or a closely related field and;
Four years of experience developing market research in support of strategic business plans; and monitoring, collecting and analyzing market intelligence data.
Bachelorís degree in Statistics, Economics, Market Research or a closely related field and;
Seven years of experience developing market research in support of strategic business plans; and monitoring, collecting and analyzing market intelligence data.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE:† Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement (DD-214) to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County.† They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE:† Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE:† The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review Hillsborough County driving eligibility criteria and acknowledge their understanding of its provisions.
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to