SENIOR HEATING VENTILATING A/C TECHNICIAN (NSH)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||1/4/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$37,897.00 - $56,867.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling and evaluating performance.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Troubleshoots systems to determine cause of malfunctions.
- Tests condenser water conditions and adjusts chemical feed as necessary.
- Monitors construction on new heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Keeps daily records and logs on operating conditions and repairs to mechanical equipment.
- Prepares and schedules preventive maintenance programs.
- Requisitions material and equipment for mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the operation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of HVAC safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the electrical aspects of HVAC equipment.
- Skill in using tools.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to read and understand HVAC equipment drawings.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Three years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Successful completion of a refrigeration and air conditioning program from a Vocational/Technical school; and
Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY REQUIRES
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.