REFRIGERATION A/C MECHANIC III (NON STANDARD HOURS)
Concurrent Open & Closed recruitments require 2 separate apps
|Date Opened||5/3/2013 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/17/2013 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$35,464.00 - $53,185.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County Government is looking for new members to join our team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and that provide fair and reliable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies with over 9,000 combined employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of
Learn more about Hillsborough County or read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs all types of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walkin and chesttype freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Prepares necessary drawings and sketches.
- Requisitions and maintains a supply of replacement parts.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- May assign, supervise and inspect the work of lower level workers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation operating principles.
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of the electrical aspects of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Skill in working with tools.
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair boiler equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose refrigeration and air conditioning mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Note: Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment ending date.
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Three years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
Completion of the tenth grade; and
Successful completion of a refrigeration and air conditioning program from a Vocational/Technical school; and
Two years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY REQUIRES
OPEN AND CLOSED RECRUITMENTS: We are running concurrent Closed (Internal) and Open recruitments. Internal candidates on a closed eligibility list must be considered first, prior to a selection being made from the open eligibility list. To be considered for the same classification under Open recruitment, internal candidates must also apply under the open recruitment process.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Preference will ONLY be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation to support entitlement to preference MUST be provided at the time of application.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of
NOTE: Depending on the agency of employment, individuals hired may be required to review
NOTE: Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters affecting the County. They are required to work in their normal job duties or other activities within their skills and capabilities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with existing rules and procedures.
EXAMINATION: Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.
SPECIAL NOTE: The position to be filled, as a result of this recruitment, will require working non-standard (shift) hours. SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
SPECIAL NOTE: The position to be filled, as a result of this recruitment, will require working non-standard (shift) hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.